Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Show Notes 13 April 2010

Tonight on the program we started off with a scenario called "Urine or Your Out!" It goes like this:

TO PEE OR NOT TO PEE --Words of wisdom from an unknown person:

Like most folks in this country, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes & the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem).

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their BUTT----doing drugs while I work. Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could call the program "URINE OR YOU'RE OUT"! Also, just a thought, all politicians should have to pass a urine test too!

Later we spoke with Aurea McGarry, who is a very active child advocate and has a very interesting background with a television show and much more. She is a representative of the organization Child Shield, U.S.A. Child Shield, U.S.A. is a company that services families to keep their children safe in a variety of ways through their program. The program is full of systems that go into place if an when a child is abducted. With a child being abducted in the United States every 26 seconds, it is a shame that we require this form of "child insurance".

If interested in this very affordable program, it covers on a per family basis, not per child and more information can be obtained by contacting Aurea at her website which is listed below.

Links
Safer Children Now Website

No comments: